Apr 8, 2014

Get To Know Me

I never thought I’d be saying this, but apparently people other than myself and my mom read this blog. My head has blown up from you guys. Seriously, thank you. But then I realized something—there are more people who have read my essays than I can even name. Meaning that if my math is correct (it never is), then there must be people who read this blog that I haven’t met before. So, in celebration of my 10th post, allow me to further introduce myself. But get ready, because I’m not sugarcoating this. You can’t really know someone unless they get real. So let’s get real. Here it is- the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good:


1.     I love all funny people and funny things, so much that I wrote my law school personal statement on stand-up comedy.
2.     I speak Spanish. I’m Greek through and through, but I always liked rolling my R’s and it gives me something in common with Shakira so that’s nice. Bonus: Did you know that a “Gordita” is a chubby little girl? Low blow, Taco Bell. It’s okay, I still love you.
3.     I’ve volunteered for the American Cancer Society for the past 5 years. All cancers can be saved if detected early enough so it pisses me off to no end that it still takes as many people away from us as it does.

The Bad:

4.     A few weeks ago I got cold-called in my hardest class and didn’t say anything when someone with a similar name answered instead. (Sorry Kaley, and thank you.)
5.     If I had to choose between a lifetime supply of McDonald’s and my dear mother, I’d choose my mom because I’m not a monster but I’d definitely have to think about it for a few minutes.
6.     I took a “How Obsessed with Disney are You?” quiz on BuzzFeed. I scored- “You are 23 years old. This is not okay.”

The Ugly:

7.     I am constantly made fun of for how I dress. My style is exactly what I want it to be, which has earned many colorful descriptions such as “Motorcycle Butch” and “Funeral Casual” and “Kali, those pants give you a crotch.”
8.     Every day from the ages of 3 to 5, I wore a corrective eye patch. Not for a pirate costume, but for a very convincing “kid with no friends” costume.
9.     See blog background.


So there you have it, guys—my heart, my soul, my defective eye on a silver platter. I hope that embarrassing myself here shows you that I don’t write on this for my ego, I do it to practice something that I still very much suck at, all for your entertainment. Sincerely, I love you all, and thank you for reading these pieces of suck.